Bleach Reborn: A Bleach RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
An unlikely friend (closed, no killing) Miniav12-1 An unlikely friend (closed, no killing) Miniav12-1 An unlikely friend (closed, no killing) Miniav12-1 An unlikely friend (closed, no killing) Miniav12-1

An unlikely friend (closed, no killing)

2 posters

Go down

An unlikely friend (closed, no killing) Empty An unlikely friend (closed, no killing)

Post by leah Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:11 pm

The bell rang as the day ending, concluding another long day in school. All the sudden commotion ripped loose within the class room. The teens jumped from their seats and quickly gathered their books and papers, shelving them inside their back packs, easily dropping their paper, and a few of their pencils where they would need them later.

The day however was not done for Miku. Standing up slowly, she moved her book from one side of her desk to the next. She was just coming out of physics class, and, although she had learned nothing new then she had already known from the class before, she some how kept herself entertained without causing trouble. Having an A in all her classes, the nearly perfect Miku was known around the school for her legendary test scores and brilliance. Shy, however, popular, Miku went through school life the same every day, the same classes, and the same lunch time. All the same.

this being said, ever since the day when she had been able to see ghosts, every day, within its boring sameness was different. With this ability had blossomed other, more powerful and complex abilities. She though she was the only one. In fact, she knew she was the only one, and she though this would fully separate her from the rest of the people at her school.

"Miku-san, do you have any plans after school today, if not, could you help me with the study guide for the test tomorrow?" Miku was then barraged with the others girls from her classes, crowding around her, and engaging her in their girl ways. Miku was not listening to them. She had not time to. Looking outside, the cold whether blew against the windows, carried by the wind. She knew it would snow soon, but didn't know when, or want to expect it to. It never snowed when it was told to.

Being shaken back to reality by the same question and a playful punch, Miku was asked again if she could help on the study guide, this time, three other girls nodding behind the original questioner. Miku's cheeks lit up with a red blush. Miku knew that she should not answer the question with a yes, however, lacked the ability to turn down her friends with a no. However, her greater logic came through, and formed the best answer. "The test was moved Oji-san, you have three more days to study. Don't worry." Simultaneously the girls all sighed as they remembered the last note of their history/current events class teacher, before the bell had wrung for that class as well.

Falling back into silence, Miku zipper her back pack up, and stood out to walk out the door. The guys stood by the door, and as she passed, they all gave each other a look as though they all wished they were seeing her, followed by all three blushing. The clamor of the school was washed away into a slightly lower volume as the amount of people thinned. Miku walked down the stairs to the main exit, alone, holding her books across her chest, with her arms crossed against them.

As soon as she walked out side, Miku's face brightened. She was facing the scenery that snow had left. Slight snow was still falling, and the howling winds told her that it was going to snow more and more. She lived far out, and started walking so as to get to her house before the snow became to intense. Th wind was steadily picking up. They had been kept from doing PE outside that day because of the intense snow. Her peers rushed to their cars as their parents picked them up. Miku wished they knew how lucky they were to have people in their lives that did this, every day. Her mother had been the best, but she could only try and dull the pain that crept to her heart. Taking a step into the street, Miku felt a twang of spiritual energy, Looking around as she took another step forward, Miku entered the winter howling winds that brought more and more snow...
leah
leah

Female
+1 Total : 6
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

An unlikely friend (closed, no killing) Empty Re: An unlikely friend (closed, no killing)

Post by Jessica Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:43 pm

Crystal felt somehow that having shadowed a student for the whole day was wrong, but it was probably the best way to set herself to the routine of a random student at the school and to blend in better when she chose to do so. Though she couldn't help but get distracted while trying to listen to the lectures while nothing more than blended into the corners or rooms. She kept thinking about what she was doing here among these humans, they were pathetic. It was a miracle the Hollows hadn't wiped them all out. Some though, some made her interest. Miku had her own spiritual pressure and Crystal hadn't felt a proper soul near her in a long time. It had made her hungry and she had had to be ever so careful to slip about during the day and gently sap a couple of the unfortunate humans in the playground. That tided her over nicely and she resumed her stalking.

She had actually drifted off during the history classes, sure it had been a bit interesting but the pattern that humans seemed to sink into was self evident. It just happened again and again and got a little boring after hearing it too often. She had nodded off and was startled awake by the bell ringing and then with uncaring eyes watched the little scene unfolding. It was kind of sad how the weak clustered around the strong as they did. Made you wonder how on earth the poor things had managed to survive all those Hollow attacks. Then again, there was the shinigami for that and that was yet another reason for Crystal being so careful. She knew they would attack her on site, declaring her actions just as wrong as her hollow brethren. Which was unfair but, that was how it happened.

She carefully and silently followed the girl and the hangers on out of the room and to the out into the snowbound landscape, staring with a slight smile at the beauty that seemed to happen so often on this World, it was something rare in her home. The darkness tended to mask and hide it... Still she should perhaps talk to Miku, she may have already sensed her presence in the class if she were aware. Though Crystal was very good at hiding, and felt it unlikely, she had to leave room for error on her part or an unknown.

Slipping ahead of the girl she zipped across to a vacant snowbank on the girls expected route and let herself come into focus a little. The effect was much like a puzzle of shadows, where you saw either the old woman or the young woman, but never both. There was at one time just a bush and scratches of grass on the little snowbank, or there was a woman in white sitting there smiling. It was hard to see unless you had good site and she was letting off just a little of her spiritual pressure, just enough to be noticed but not enough to attract attention. She carefully tweaked her collar up, hiding the lower half of her face below the nose to ensure that both the remains of her mask and the hole in her neck weren't visible.

With all ready and a few excuses and stories pulling together in her head, she waited patiently to see if the girl would notice her.
Jessica
Jessica

Female
+1 Total : 2
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

An unlikely friend (closed, no killing) Empty Re: An unlikely friend (closed, no killing)

Post by leah Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:41 pm

((OOC: Sorry its short ><))

The snow fell harder and harder. All the time causing more and more snow to build up against the sides of streets for the large machines to clear in the morning at an early hours. It was so beautiful, the inability to see clearly, or hold your eyes open for that matter. It was almost like the ability to see ghosts, only she knew that the normal humans she was friends with could not make that same comparison.

The spiritual pressure she had felt before hit her again, this time however, she recognized its slight oozing as the same she had felt all day. Because of this unfamiliar energy, Miku had had to mask her own spiritual energy the whole day, for fear of being detected by a new comer. Eve still however, Miku was ignorant to the fact that others possessed powers as she did. She simply assumed that others with high spiritual pressure all didn't know and only had night mares about seeing ghosts, or souls. She had isolated herself to being the only one who could activate and mold that pressure.

Miku slowed her pace, trying to look for whatever the lagging pressure was originating from? It seemed different than most. It seemed tainted. Miku stopped. It was too similar to that of a Hollow. Miku stood still. It was not a full enough release to know exactly. Either way, it was close, whatever it was. It was more confusing however, as if it were slightly different. More sentient than what Miku had seen from the barbaric Hollows. Shoving the books she had been carrying in her back pack, Miku started to run to the path she took normally. She hated fighting, and only could stand defending others from Hollows. She had no idea that Hollows had once been people, like her or like her friends.

Rounding the corner, Miku froze. The twang rose from the slight ooze again to hit her. Looking up from her feet, Miku's eyes rose to see a girl, her shirt covering half of her face. There was no doubting the fact that this girl was originating the tainted pressure. Miku's eyes widened as she realized this was the girl that had been in her math class, the same one who she had guessed the pressure was coming from, the same that had set her at a state of unease the entire day. Why was it tainted so?

"Hello?" Miku clamored into the whirling winds, her nervousness turning to fear...
leah
leah

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:10 am

(sorry, I thought the little minus was to minimise the post o.o; So i clicked the plus on your first one ^_^; I hope it ends up okay.)

Crystal smiled faintly as the girl noticed her, giving a slight bow of her head to acknowledge the girl. She debated standing and offering a hand, but just didn't want to seem too forwards with this girl. It was clear the human was a little scared of her and so she curbed her spiritual pressure in order to seem a little more normal, the faint edge of it in the air whispering away as she did so. Gulping softly the Arrancar carefully returned the greeting, her green eyes somewhat showing her worry about actually confronting a human.

“Hello, girl who sees spirits.”

She leaned back a little at this and turned her head skywards a little. Watching the wind and the snow buffeting the edges of her robes, she had wondered before if Miku had spotted her, when to the others she had been but a ghost. The hint of recognition in the girls face had meant she had either seen Hollows and their energy before. Or had spotted Crystal in the classroom, but she couldn't help but be curious.

“What do you know of our world?”

The response she gave would tell Crystal a lot, provided the girl was truthful. If she spoke of Hollows and their evils then at least the girl would be prepared for the monsters out there. If she only spoke of ghosts then it might be better to educate the girl a little. The energy she was giving off at time was almost like a dinner bell to a small and ignored part of Crystal's mind. Thankfully she was past all of that now, for both her and the girl.

Though crystal couldn't help but feel a little companionable to the girl, she had spent the day following her after all and hadn't noticed a single person in the girls social network that had the potential to see spirits let alone understand what Miku would probably have to go through. She shifted to one side a little and patted the small, slightly warmer patch of ground she had been on for the girl to join her. She wasn't sure if the girl would do so, or just run away thinking it was a trap. Still Crystal was at least trying, if nothing else.

Though it occurred to her that, she had not used Miku's name, nor had she given her own. It was a little late now, and she just had to help that the human would call her on it and want to know Crystal's name so that Crystal could go through the motion of asking for hers, nor had she addressed the fact that she had been seen in that class. It was something she could talk about later, if she knew that the girl wasn't going to treat her as a hostile.
Jessica
Jessica

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by leah Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:47 pm

((OOC: o.o thats what that is? I thought it was like a spoiler ><))

Like the dimension that a Hollow grasps to come into this world, her entire universe came falling apart. This other girl, some one who she had not seen more than just this once today, she seemed like she was all knowing, as if she spoke with the ability to see ghosts, as if she was a spirit herself. Was that it? She was a spirit that had come only for her. What was happening?

“What do you know of our world?”

Miku quivered at this question. Our world? What did this mean. She was referring to planet earth right? She was talking about the planet which she had spent years talking about and living on. She was right. This was fictional. Or was it. There was no such thing as other worlds. She knew that life could not happen on the others.

"O-our w-world?" Miku stamored. She could only clamor what she knew. Was she talking about the masked monsters? The Hollows, the roaring beasts that destroyed things? Or was she talking about the souls that begged her for something called Konso? Begged her to send them to another place. What was this?

"Excuse m-me? I know that its round. I know that there are things that... things that no one else... sees. I know that there are... countries... and... states..." She felt dumb. What was this girl referring to?

Looking the girl in the eyes, through the swirling snow, Miku began to read her emotions as if reading a book. They were so complicated. Different than a humans. What was this. There was so much knowledge here. Suddenly Miku's eyes shot further open. What was this. Her body sent into more intense trambling than the cold could ever put her through, Miku read the emotion of the girls hunger for her. As if she was dinner.

Falling back into the snow, Miku closed her eyes. Why was this happening. Why would she hunger for her. She was not a Hollow. There was no monstrous appearance about her. Why!?

"P-please don't," Miku said, moving back, her entire body shaking as if being shocked by a eletrical circut...

Spoiler:
leah
leah

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:14 pm

Crystal seemed disappointed, that much was obvious she had thought that the girl would know what a Hollow was or even a Shinigami, something. Not nothing, she didn't expect that. Giving a faint sigh she watched the girl carefully as she flopped back. She felt something, just an edge that she was being read. It made her nervous, somewhat that this girl could do things Crystal couldn't understand. Though at the same time she could tell that she had shaken the girl at the very least.

“Perhaps, it would help if I said. I'm a hollow, to some extent or another... Not the same as the rest any more. I don't eat people nor their souls. I'm harmless.”

Crystal yawned softly and blinked a little, shaking her head slowly and laying back herself. Looking away from the girl a little to stop worrying her, at least she hoped that would be the case, staring right at her seemed to bother her.

“I was referring to the world of the Hollows... Or Shinigami. Though... The Shinigami probably want to kill me... I've committed my share of sins...I hope to atone for them some day...”
Jessica
Jessica

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by leah Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:26 pm

((OOC: Im so sorry its so short...? I dont know why that is...?))

It got worse. Hundreds of times worse. She openly announced herself as a Hollow. But how. Miku almost screamed, but instead bit back tears. Why was this. There was no sigh of her being a Hollow. They were big ugly, and had masks. They were always screaming, and trying to eat her, and other people who only she could see. But no. This girl, a girl that had been with her the whole day was a Hollow. And what was a Shinigami? What were these things? And there was a word just for the Hollows? Miu could not imagine such a place. Did they just scream at each other. And if the girl didn't eat people, what was that emotion she read. Was she lying?

Miku tried to get to her feet, but could not move. She was prepared to fight a Hollow. Or was she? She could only fight Hollows in the past because they were just monsters, but this girl was a human, or at least looked it. She could not harm her. Then the thought crossed her mind. Could she harm her. She had been able to defeat the Hollows because they would just rampage and didn't seem to have brains of any sort, but this girl was totally sentient. And, if she was a Hollow, did she have powers? Some did. She had fought many that could use strength like none other, others that could shoot rubber bullets from their mouths. Did this girl possess powers like she did. No... there was was no way.

"You a H-hollow... B-but..." Miku could not finish. This was too much. What other words? Was she this ignorant...?
leah
leah

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:39 pm

Crystal could tell something was wrong and she couldn't help but think of fleeing. She had upset this girl and that was wrong of her, she wasn't sure what to do though. Should she continue as she was, or just leave her be. Education was important after all, which was why humans went to school, wasn't it? She sighed, shaking her head slowly.

“I'm sorry, this must be a lot to take in... Is there somewhere we can go to talk? It's getting pretty cold out here? Look, I won't hurt you whatever happens.”

She slowly stood up, holding her hand out to take the girl's own. Her face set to smile, a slight joy building up in her at having a friend to talk to, or even someone who might be able to understand. In general she found herself unable to talk to people because of the difference between her and the humans.

“Look, what is it that you are? Or do? It's obvious that you aren't exactly human.”

Her kind face held no hint of the worry inside her, this girl could react badly to her, the news of what she was had clearly shaken her. So she had to be careful, take careful steps now. Help teach this girl about the world and she would inevitably be dragged into, as would Crystal taking a hand in things like this, but still... helping the Shinigami couldn't be seen as a bad thing.
Jessica
Jessica

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by leah Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:59 pm

Was that girl, the Hollow asking for a warm place to talk? Was she asking her to trust her after she told her that? Did she think that Miku could trust her after that? Miku had fought and killed many Hollows before, however had never met one and been talked to like this. What was wrong with this one? Was she about to attack. Miku's eyes still closed she planned on what to do. She knew that with her fear as it was, her summon would be the fear, with the ability to paralyze any opponent she touched. But could she actually make her fight this girl. She had been completely harmless in class. Was what she was saying true? Was she actually harmless.

Opening her eyes, Miku almost screamed again. The girl was standing over her. Her hand was stretched towards her. Was she really going to eat her. She seemed okay. But still, she was Hollow. Then the thought crossed her mind. Where was her hole, or mask? she had neither, the trade marks of such a creature.

Before lifting her hand, or moving at all. Miku knew that she wanted proof, suddenly interest taking over fear, however, fear still there. "Where is y-your... mask... and hole?" Miku had never seen a Hollow like this.

Then, timidly she raised her hand and the two hands touched. The girls hand was cold, but then again, hers was as well. Miku tried to smile, but could only conjure a worried look, with a faint tremor of a nervous smile.

The snow still pounded against them both, and Miku knew that at this point she was not going to get home before dark. But this had happened before, it was not the end of the world, what was was this Hollow.
leah
leah

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:19 pm

Crystal was worried, having no clue as to what Miku could do at any range wasn't like her. She had always been good at assessing another, but she had chosen not to, to just throw her trust into the winds and hope things worked out. Maybe it was so she was on an even footing with the human she was now terrifying, maybe she just didn't want to think. Letting death come and surprise her if it were to come. The question, when it came was one that made Crystal frown slightly, a hand slowly tugging down her neckline enough to see the top of the hole along with the bone like mask around her chin, showing her old ratjaw.

“I can't seem to get rid of the last of the mask... I've tried, but it doesn't come off...”

She held the girls hand and gently pulled her to her feet, smiling slightly in some attempt to ease the other girl now that her mouth could be seen and pulling up one of the long sleeves of her robe to provide some shelter from the snow for the pair of them. Though what she said next probably did little to ease the girl.

“If you are wondering why I'm not a rampaging monster like other Hollows, I'll be happy to explain... Somewhere else... Its cold even for me..”

She smiled a little to herself, she had made a step forwards at the very least. It was more than simply being a spirit. Contact with other humans seemed important, those humans who were isolated often acted weird from the others, while those who were in contact with other humans nearly constantly seemed more balanced. More normal, if such a word could be applied to any species.
Jessica
Jessica

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by leah Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:38 pm

Miku felt her fear slipping away. She did not know why, and was concerned. In a way she wanted to be scared. What was to become of her if she trusted the Hollow. She was not capable of defeating all the Hollows, and sometimes there were Hollows that were just about to kill her, but some how in the blink of an eye they were gone, and all that remained was a butterfly. She had made up the conclusion that Hollows had a time limit when they were created from the sky, just showing how ignorant she was, and the fact that she had never seen the Shinigami kept her this way, though her life had been saved many times.

“I can't seem to get rid of the last of the mask... I've tried, but it doesn't come off...”

Miku didn't know what she meant. But she mad up another hypothesis being: if a Hollows mask is broken, they revert to being more human, and the more mask they take off, the more they can become human. But then her other conclusion took hold of her. Did this girl too have a time limit, or did it lengthen of the Hollow became more human due to loosing their mask. She was feeling confused but interested. Fear was still there, but muffled by the other emotions.

“If you are wondering why I'm not a rampaging monster like other Hollows, I'll be happy to explain... Somewhere else... Its cold even for me..”

Miku felt confident on her explanation of why the Hollows were different. She just needed to only crack their mask when she fought them. That was all. Right? And again the girl was asking for a place to stay. There was none. Maybe the school? Yes, that would work, her house was over two hours away, so that was not an option.

Her hand still within the girls, Miku tugged, pulling her towards the school. That is where they would go. Although they would have to go to a class room that was not being occupied by the night school students.

"Put back on your cover. We'll go to the school." Could the others see her? She didn't know, but if so, then she would need to cover up her mask fragment. If the Hollow was to kill her she would have already, even so, she had to be careful.
leah
leah

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:57 pm

Crystal smiled faintly, wondering for a moment what was going through the girls head while she seemed to think things over. The Arrancar confused, but not exactly upset with the way things were turning out. It looked like the human was going to talk to her at least, and not attack. Maybe the human would help her find some answers. Things could be worse and the Shinigami could show up seeing a hollow so close to humans. But hopefully this wouldn't be the case today and she wouldn't have to flee.

Feeling the tug she happily followed the girl, wondering just where she was going, at least long enough for the girl to inform her. Though this struck her a little as a surprise. Surely the building would be locked. They would end up stuck in the snow with no way out... least, no way for the human.

“Is the, school a good idea? If everyone has left it will be locked won't it?”

The arrancar seemingly knew very little about the world itself, and was curious as to what the Human was planning, maybe there was some trap waiting for her during all of this and she would end up dead at long last before the day was over. But then again, that was a stupid thing to wish for, especially now she had managed to make a friend of sorts. It was a good positive step towards a better life. One that the Shinigami perhaps wouldn't look down on, but that remained to be seen.
Carefully, she would slip her robes collar back up, covering her neck and face before whispering to the human, her soft voice there but her presence fading as she did so. “Would it not be easier... If I just weren't here until we arrive?” If the girl were to look around she'd find that the Hollow had all but vanished, her hand was still in the girls grip but the gaze just slid over her and past her. She wasn't exactly invisible, but she was just so not there, so hard to notice that the eyes strained and watered picking her out from her surroundings.

((I have no idea how to do that spoiler thing with a move... So I'll leave out the concealment trick for now and just link you to the profile If needs be.))
Jessica
Jessica

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by leah Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:21 pm

“Is the, school a good idea? If everyone has left it will be locked won't it?”

Miku thought it funny. Did this girl no anything about her world. Didn't seem as though she did, or at least nothing about school. After all, this was the first day she had seen her, and the girl had been in all her classes. And then there on her home path. The thought made her think about what she was doing. Leading a Hollow into a building that would be full of humans from night school. Her step faltered, pausing for a minute, but she kept on. It was to late now. There was nothing she could do any ways. "No, there is a night school program here, for those who are having a hard time learning things only once."

The snow seemed to target the two of them as they moved through it. It seemed to all turn and concentrate on hitting them, as if it didn't want Miku to do what she was doing. She almost agreed with the snow. Was she doing the right thing. She needed to stop second guessing herself. If worst came to worst she could use her abilities. And her ability to read emotions read that the girl was not in a negative state of mind, not angry, hungry, or any sort of thing like that. She seemed to be something that Miku could not read perfectly. Confused?

Crossing the road, still holding the girls hand, they made their way to the door. It was just then when she heard the whisper.

“Would it not be easier... If I just weren't here until we arrive?”

As soon as the girl said that, Miku felt another twang of spiritual pressure. Looking back to see the girl, Miku stopped, the snow slowly falling where the girl had been. She was, not there. No, she was, but only if you were looking for her. Miku's mouth fell open. Did this mean that she had powers like the other Hollows? Even though she was more human? Reaching out her other hand, Miku touched the hand that was still in her own grasp. It was there. And so was the girl. The ability sent chills down her spine.

Coming up to the door, she opened it, warm air rushing out. It felt wonderful. Quickly Miku stepped in, and pulled the Hollow behind her. This whole time, she had wondered of Hollows had names, but didn't want to ask and seem rude. Did this girl come from the sky as well? Then she couldn't have a name. Miku stopped thinking about this as they moved through the halls, passing every door with the grape points and best student at the top, always with Miku ranking the highest on every door. It was kind of embarrassing. She didn't mean to be this smart. it just all seemed so easy to her. The signs were big, and she hoped that the Hollow girl didn't know what they were, even though she had already heard every single teacher that day announce that she had had the highest score in her test in that class. The class would all already know, and listen for the person just under Miku.

Pulling the girl into another room, about a minute from the first door, and closing the door behind her she announced, "My name Is Miku Watahari." The room was not very lit, but was lit enough to easily see, simply with no artificial lightening. But it was still not dark outside.
leah
leah

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:08 pm

Cyrstal was unfortunately a little clueless about the school, not knowing of the night classes nor of the need to relearn things, didn't they just stay learnt the first time? That was how it had always seemed to the Arrancar, though she was unaware of it at the time was because the things she had had to learn were easy. She hadn't rally picked up much in the classes and hadn't been trying to really.

“How unusual.. Why is it so important that they learn? Is it hard to be human? Or is it more of those um, boring lecture things that you had today?”

She did her best to not be hampered by the snow. The girl was used to some degree of cold. Hecuo mondo was more or less always cold, unless a fire wielding Hollow was around at any rate, then it could often by quite toasty for a while. But it was almost like a force trying to push them away from the school. As if something bad was going to happen there and the weather itself wanted them to turn back now. She tried to ignore it though, it wasn't relevant any more, she had to talk to someone about her past and it might as well be this girl.

She clasped the humans hand as warmly as she could after vanishing, trying to do her best to tell the girl that yes , she was still here and if possible, not to be afraid of what she had done. She followed in silence to the school and tried to think about what she really knew of humans, the only thing that she had really been sure of back then had been. Well, that humans were food. There was more to them though, she had seen that during today. She had to find out more … But would it be right to plum this human for information?
She noticed the signs, all holding the name of Miku as a smart student and she felt a pang, like she was the same as those girls begging miku to help them in the class, all looking to pick apart a piece of the brain that the girl had. Things must have just been easier for her to deal with had Crystal felt she could impart some useful information back. Perhaps she could, this human seemed a little clueless about her world and the Shinigami, maybe she could tell her of the spiritual, while she told Crystal of the human world. It seemed a nice idea.

When they were in the class room to themselves she slipped back into sight. Glancing about worriedly in case there was someone she had missed and was already in the room. Feeling a little relieved to be visible again she smiled and tugged her collar back down, undoing the robe partly to let her pale skin breathe. The girls introduction was a surprise and so Crystal bowed in return.
“I'm Crystal, though I was once called Ratface.... I'll explain that later.”
She straightened up and held out a hand again to shake, adding as she did so.
“I'd like to make a sort of deal... I would like to know as much as I can be taught about the human world... In exchange I'll tell you all I know of the Hollow world... The shinigami and the … well war going on between them.”
Jessica
Jessica

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by leah Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:07 am

“How unusual.. Why is it so important that they learn? Is it hard to be human? Or is it more of those um, boring lecture things that you had today?”

If nothing else, these words were the most comforting of them all. It was a way that Miku could liken to the Hollow. Miku was the best student of the class, and was thus deemed the smartest at the high school, their greatest 'pride,' and yet she knew nothing all this time about other worlds, and other things called Shinigami. She never had guessed that they had powers like her, and were classed under fire wielding Hollows. She knew none of this. And yet, was smart. And it was the same with this girl. In the beginning, it seemed as though this girl knew everything, as if she was the smartest, but in the end, she was simply the other side to the same puzzle, with all the knowledge about these other places, and other abilities, but nothing about the Human world.

Smiling Miku let the Hollow girl know that it was almost funny. She hoped it didn't offend her, as that was not the purpose. It was a warm smile, and one that let the girl know that it felt good to now that she was not totally dumb in this situation. "Well, really, that's it, just those boring lectures. That's the only way to really teach is it not? And being a human is not necessarily hard, as all of us are different, and some are more fortunate than others; but for others, others who have lost people dear to them, then yes, it can be very hard." Miku spoke from experience. She had lost her entire family to Hollows, however didn't know that. That was just the truth. She could not clearly see them at that point, and was told they died in a random explosion.

“I'm Crystal, though I was once called Ratface.... I'll explain that later.”

Oh. So even the Hollows have names. It didn't seem like they had names if all they did was come from the sky. But crystal was a pretty name. Miku could tell why she was called rat face, due to the bottom of the remaining mask, and the teeth it held, along with the certain bone structure. Miku knew everything possible that one could learn in school, and was put in college courses, thus the knowledge of a rat. But calling some one rat face would be mean. Who called her that name? Certainly not other Hollows? They only talked in screams and roars, and on rare occasion told her how tasty her spiritual smelled, but she had never understood this, and thus made no point about it. Once she was told that her spiritual energy was comparable to that of a captain, but she didn't know what that meant? "That's a pretty name, Crystal. But, do all Hollows have names?"

“I'd like to make a sort of deal... I would like to know as much as I can be taught about the human world... In exchange I'll tell you all I know of the Hollow world... The shinigami and the … well war going on between them.”

This surprised her. The Hollows did have a whole world? What did they do? They simply must scream at each other, and like, slap each other. They were like drunken men, searching for her, a little girl, and screwing around, not caring about what people were doing, killing. Very drunk men. Very very drunk men. Careless. Then again, what did the girl not know? What would she tell her? She could tell her a very basic summery of history, but that might bore her. She had fallen asleep in the history class, and thus knew that she was not a buff in that area, or even liked it in the least. But Miku could not refuse. She wanted to know about these other places. What the girl meant by the "Shinigami," and the Hollow world, along with the war. What war. She had not experienced a war.

"Ok deal. But what would you like to know. How about we take turns asking questions, and the other person asks them? Then they can ask?" Miku smiled at her idea, but didnt know what to ask. "You go first." She liked the idea of this game.
leah
leah

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:43 pm

Crystal was forced to think long and hard, she wasn't sure how many questions she'd manage to get out of this human, and didn't want to waste them. The girl slipping into one of the chairs used by the students as she did so. Pondering carefully as she did so, it was worrying. Just how hard it was to think of a question when put on the spot. There were so many times she had thought about having a chance like this and now she was here she just didn't know what to say.

It took some time, but eventually an idea came to her and her face brightened as it did so. Her hand raising slowly like she had seen some of the pupils do in lessons when they wanted to ask something. Her voice seemed nervous almost, though it picked up towards the end of the sentence.

“Why can't humans see my kind?”

It seemed like a dumb question but it was fairly important to her to find out, it was something she needed to know. She had learned before to make herself visible to them, but since all that got her were some odd looks at the strange white skinned person she avoided doing so until she found someone that could see her anyway and that was confusing in itself.

“And as a follow on... Why can you?”
Jessica
Jessica

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by leah Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:05 pm

Miku's mouth curved into a slight frown. She didn't now how to answer that, as she hardly knew the answer. She new only the slightest bit about her powers, but at the same time, she knew that she had to answer it.

Looking around the class room as if there were others she was trying to avoid, she also took a seat. It was almost funny that she could not answer her own abilities to the girl. But she had to be fair. Then Miku's eyes widened, she knew how to answer it, putting piece and piece together from what a Hollow had told to her upon trying to eat her. It was almost perfectly clear. But did that mean that indeed there were others with powers like her. Other humans that was.

Looking back up at the girl, Miku smiled. It was still going to be complicated to answer, and there would be gaps in the answer, but she could get enough info across that she could count it as a question answered.

"Well, I also am not clear on my own abilities, and I cant fully understand it myself, but I know enough." Playing back the Hollows words in her head, Miku stung together her sentence. "Souls are spiritual beings, and thus cannot be seen by the average human because they have no link between the spirit world and there own world, until they themselves die and become made from the same essence. This being said, and I'm not quite sure how it happens, but sometimes some humans, such as myself are born with the link, spiritual energy, acting as the key to the otherwise locked door. This, upon other things, allows me, and if there are others, to be able to see you. Its all because of the link that I have, my energy, unique to me, and, if there are others, unique to them as well." Miku knew the answer was rag tag at best, but it was the best she could do. It made sense to her, but she wondered if the girl was able to translate that in her own mind.

Now for her question. What was she going to ask. She wanted to ask a question that was not so dumb as the ones blocking her head. Such large questions. But that was all she could do. She had the question. And would be able to ask off of that question when her turn came around.

"Umm... What is a Shinigami. I have heard the name before. A Hollow once compared me to a shinigami in terms of my spiritual energy. Ever since I have wondered what they are. And you yourself used that term, also saying they had their own world?" The words came out of Miku's mouth without her even understanding them. But she asked.
leah
leah

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:47 pm

Crystal smiled faintly, not entirely sure of the answer, It kind of matched up to what she had figured on. Those with enough spirit energy were able to see those who were spirits. Shrugging off the slightly unusual nature of the answer she instead shifted position to listen to the question. Though she would have liked more of an answer it wasn't that big a deal, and was enough to satisfy her for now.

However now it was her turn to answer and the question was one in which it would be difficult to give a perfect answer. She probably didn't know enough about Shinigami herself, but it would at least give the girl enough of an answer she hoped. She sat very still as she collected her own thoughts and tried out sentences in her head before finally saying.

“Shinigami... Are like guardians, protecting those who cannot, from the more... vicious spirits who attack them. Humans, ghosts... you... All you you can be in danger if you have spiritual energy, that same link that lets you see me makes you a delicious snack to a Hollow... So the Shinigami watch over areas. Looking for Hollows to stop them from hurting people. I'm afraid I'm not sure if thats entirely true... I've only met one or two...”

Crystal was considering her next question while she let that sink in. It was something that had caused her some thought before, she had often seen humans doing something on those blank white rectangles, it looked like markings of some kind and seemed to mean something. Getting up from that seat she went over to the desk and pulled out a square at random before pointing to the marks on it.

“What are these things? Humans make so many of them on these white squares a lot... What are they for? What do they mean? Do they do anything?”

She was holding what looked like someone's history essay, upside-down at that and looking at it like it was the most complex piece of technology in existence. Her face was almost pitifull, showing the lack of understanding and the rising confusion..
Jessica
Jessica

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by leah Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:18 pm

The answer was good enough, not totally answering her question, but good enough. She was learning no matter what the other girl said, although she had said nothing about the other world in which they lived. The shinigami world? What did they call it?

Watching the girl as she stood up and walked about the class room Miku wondered what the girl was going to ask, as if she was looking fora question that would baffle Miku, or rather, something that finally Miku could answer.

Miku waited until the girl found what it was she was looking for. Forming her question, the girl held up a part of some ones essay, dating back three years. She held it upside down, and the thought that the girl didnt know how to read was amusing. Miku thought she had known everything, but she could not read, and didn't know what paper was. How did they communicate where she lived?

Miku giggled. The answer was so easily readied at her lips that she had to filter out the outcome unless she was going to spray enough info to fill a book at the girl.

"That's called paper. And by the looks of it, its an essay, meaning a writing project that one of the teachers will have us do in class, similar to what you saw in the classes you were in today. Its an essential part of learning." Flipping her back pack around as she talked, Miku pulled out a pencil and a red colored pen. Then she continued her answer. Walking up to the girl, and taking the paper from her gently, and laying it down on the desk to her right.

"Look. Humans, over the course of history document their findings, and discoveries with the world through writing it down. You know what writing is don't you? Well, this is how one uses paper." Putting the pencil to the paper, Miku wrote her name, then, under that, wrote Crystal's name.

"There. I just wrote my name and yours under it. Then, no one can take that away. So, when something is written, it can last forever." Miku knew she was ranting. But there were to many answers. Maybe she should simplify it, and summarize.

"In summery, its a simple object in which use to write down all kinds of things as I just wrote your name and my own. It is made from trees that they grow in large companies, and becomes white through dying it."

Miku smiled at the girl. She had given to much info in a jumbled way. She knew it. She had been nervous. It made her speak quickly, and continue to ramble. Her other friends said it was the cutest thing, but Miku hated it. Her smile faded as her thoughts continued.

Her new question. She had many. However, like before, they were very silly. This being said, so was the paper question, so she was on equal grounds. Looking around as if to pick her question, Miku asked.

"What really are Hollows? You seem different, yet your a Hollow, why are you so different. Why dont you wanna eat me?"
leah
leah

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:01 pm

Crystal was a little baffled, this was something completely new to her, and it was hard for her to get the concept into her head. When her name was written alongside Miku's she took the paper carefully and stared at it. Not sure exactly what it was, they were just marks on something. “I...I don't understand... How can my name be on this thing?” She turned it around a couple of times, before putting it down carefully as if it might explode. The Arrancar wasn't happy about the idea of her name now being there, what if she needed it again?

Either way, she had a question to answer and this wasn't one she was entirely comfortable with, it went a little close to home and very close to things that she herself wasn't able to answer entirely. But she would again, do her best. Figure out what she knew and deliver it as best she can. Where to start though....

“We... start out as just ghosts... Lingering memories of a person... Whatever it was the caused us to stay behind eats away at us... Consumes us.... Leaves us monsters.” She pointed at the hole in her body before continuing.

“I'm sure you've seen these, in normal hollows hearts... Thats what happens... Your heart is eaten through... You become a remorseless monster... Existing only to eat, to fill that void....Starting with those you had once cared for when you were alive....”

She had started to slowly tear up, shimmers in her eyes threatening to slip. It was clear this was painful for her to recount.

“I changed over a century ago... I have no idea who I had been or was before I died... I can't really remember why the first people I went after were important to me... Not from age, but from loss... You lose yourself when you change... “

She sighed and shook her head, trying to clear away the horrible thoughts, and replacing them with the second half of Miku's question.

“I.. do, that's the worrying thing, I've been... Well I learned about vegetarians here... You could think of me kinda like that... I'm refusing to devour people any more... and I worked hard on finding a substitute.. I can tap people for a tiny tiny fraction of their spiritual pressure. Almost nothing... It never really stops me being hungry... But it keeps me from starving and drooling every time I go near someone with better than human spirit pressure. Like before... It ended badly when I tried to just starve...”

Sighing she absent mindedly ran a finger along her bone mask, the grim reminder of what she had done before. What she was still capable of doing, and what she refused to ever do again.

“I said I'd explain about ratface... It was the name the Shinigami gave me when I was still a monster... I... killed too many people, and a Shinigami or two...”

She sighed and hunched up a little. Tears slipping from her eyes to drip sadly onto the floor. She was meant to be asking a question she knew, but it was so hard to think with her memories flooding back like this. She hadn't exactly explained what else was going on with her, and that was because she didn't know, but wasn't going to let on just yet, she intended to find that out soon enough.

“Um... I uh, what do humans need to survive?”

It was a little random but thinking of her own survival had lead her onto thinking about how humans managed it without spiritual energy and eating souls, and furthermore what the Shinigami needed to survive. Could there be a further option for her without even tapping souls to keep herself alive? She rather hopped so, it would be wonder full to be free of the guilt to some extent.
Jessica
Jessica

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by leah Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:14 am

At first, Miku thought it was funny that the girl didn't know that she could use her name, thinking that it was now attached to the paper. It was obviously not like that, but it was something she could cover later, as she felt that there was a mental shift in the girl, as she molded her thoughts to her own story, conjuring an answer. Miku was curious as to why she was different than the monsters that she had fought and killed, sending them into a barrage of flakes, before they vanished.

Easily reading the girls emotions however, Miku was shocked to find a great deal of pain seeping into the girl. Had her question brought this about? Was this her doing? Miku's mouth opened to try and tell the girl that she did not have to answer if she didn't want, but she was cut off. Miku read that even as the first words escaped her mouth, more pain filled her heart.

“We... start out as just ghosts... Lingering memories of a person... Whatever it was the caused us to stay behind eats away at us... Consumes us.... Leaves us monsters.”

She was greatly perplexed by this. Did this mean that, being souls, the Hollows were once humans as well? Miku would not believe that. She could not. Did that mean that this girl was once a human? Could it mean this?

Looking back at the girl, the pain now seeping out from her mouth again.

“I'm sure you've seen these, in normal hollows hearts... Thats what happens... Your heart is eaten through... You become a remorseless monster... Existing only to eat, to fill that void....Starting with those you had once cared for when you were alive....”

This made more sense to her. She had always been targeted for her immense energy, and this was why. It was starting to come together. She didn't like it any more, however, it was making sense. Is this why they would compare her to a shinigami? Seeing as they were spiritual creatures?

“I changed over a century ago... I have no idea who I had been or was before I died... I can't really remember why the first people I went after were important to me... Not from age, but from loss... You lose yourself when you change... “

Changed? What did this mean? How did one change? Was it picked at random? Did the Shinigami change them? Were they friends with the Shinigami now that they were more sentient? And why would becoming more sentient make you lose your memory?

“I.. do, that's the worrying thing, I've been... Well I learned about vegetarians here... You could think of me kinda like that... I'm refusing to devour people any more... and I worked hard on finding a substitute.. I can tap people for a tiny tiny fraction of their spiritual pressure. Almost nothing... It never really stops me being hungry... But it keeps me from starving and drooling every time I go near someone with better than human spirit pressure. Like before... It ended badly when I tried to just starve...”

Miku's eyes slowly opened during this part of the girls explanation. This Hollow was still dangerous in her mind. She had let her guard down. She still sapped energy off of humans. Had she sapped her own. Had she sapped Miku's energy? Miku wanted to take a step back, but even though the girl was dangerous, she was filled with too much genuine pain and regret to be evil, and she was her friend, and Miku could never turn her back on the girl now. She was her link to the other places. Her link to whatever potential she could tap into. And most of all, another person who she cared for.

“I said I'd explain about ratface... It was the name the Shinigami gave me when I was still a monster... I... killed too many people, and a Shinigami or two...”

Miku was almost thrown to the ground by this. This girl had the power to kill Shinigami, and didn't know what paper was? This girl could murder so many people and not know about a simple way of writing. Mostly, this girl could kill her, and had nothing stopping her, and yet, she wasn't. Why was this happening to Miku? Then the tears came into the girls eyes. Miku could never watch some one cry. The girl started her next question. Miku could not handle it. Was this too painful for this girl?

Stepping forward, Miku held out her hands and grabbed the girl, embracing her in a hug that only a true friend could give, one that meant that she would always be there. It was probably the only one she had gotten, and Miku would do anything she could to make the girl happy again. Thinking to herself, Miku could actually help.

“Um... I uh, what do humans need to survive?”

Miku ignored the question and instead summoned a small amount of her energy and molded it into one of her abilities. Whispering as she released the power, "Im your friend," Miku activated her ability to inject an emotion into another person, injecting her happiest thoughts into the girl, in the hopes of rendering this pain weak, and pushing it out. Miku whispered again to the girl, "Your my friend... Forever... Lets stop this game. I did not think it would affect you. I'm sorry."

Spoiler:
leah
leah

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:50 pm

Crystal was shaking softly when she was hugged, she had felt some of, if not all of the reactions as if they were arrows thudding into her, the shock the slight fear. It was to be expected from someone encountering a monster like herself. She didn't begrudge the girl for that. Couldn't begrudge her for that. The hug however she had not expected, when she had ran scenarios like it through her mind, she had expected a human to flee, or maybe to fight... Not to accept.

The sudden infusion of happy energy also came as a stun to the Arrancar, just gasping faintly as all the happiness coming from the girl tried to trigger happy memories from the Arancar herself. To her dismay and shock the happiest day she had ever had, was learning to feed without killing. She couldn't help but wonder what this said about her, and whether she could, or even should confide in the Human about this. Her tears though, slowly dried up. A monster, would have flashed to a slaughter or a bloody meal, she only thought of how she had managed to become a `vegetarian`

“I...I want to continue.. Please? I want, to know how humans survive, how you cultivate your energy...I have to seek out ways that won't shorten people's lives.”

She was desperate, it was clear, that this desperation was what drove her to confronting the human in the first place. That longing for a hole in her knowledge to be filled, it could well be that the Arrancar was replacing her hunger for souls with that of a desire for knowledge. She certainly seemed as determined to get it as most hollows were to get their meals.

((Dunno if you are still here or even want to continue but theres a post for you should you wish to do so.))
Jessica
Jessica

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by leah Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:30 pm

Miku laughed. It was a funny question. The answer she had recieved had darkened the energu of the place, but the question was so simple, and so easy to answer that it almost made her forget the answer and the energy quickly snapped back into a normal enviroment. It was such a random question. Why did she not want to know more important things. Then it hit her that what was important to her might not be as important to the hollow.

Either way, Miku smiled and delivered her answer. "We humans need whats called food." Miku knew that she probably knew what food was, as they reffered to humans as food al the time, and she probably sounded very babying, and stupid. "Like, as if you were to eat a soul, we eat substance that, in some cases was once alive, and in others was never alive in the way we see things to be alive. Its things like starches, and proteins that we need to keep our bodies moving." With this Miku searched through her back pack for a box, and opened it when she found it, revealing sushi. She smiled at her new friend, and held it up to her. She did not know if she could eat normal food, but she could smell and touch it. This sushi has a lot of wasabi on it, making it too spicy for herself, and thus had left it alone. "This is one variation of human food. Its called sushi. this middle part is meat, or, fish that has been killed, and the other parts are vegetables, and rice." Miku thought to herself that hollows eating humans was no different than humans eating animals, and she wished she had a better way to explain it without sounding so cruel, but that was simply the truth. It was simple. They were similar. Miku shook the though from her mind and looked up into the hollows face. She picked out a piece of sushi with a small amount of wasabi on it, and ate it, wishing she had not the moment she felt the large splatter of wasabi on the bottom where she had not checked as soon as it entered her mouth. Bighting her tongue as tears came from her eyes, Miku swallowed quickly. "S-see," she clamored.

Waiting until the wasabi cleared itself from her mouth, Miku looked at the hollow, and asked her last question.

"Can you take me to Soul Society, or your own world?" The question fell hard even in her own stomach, surprising herself that she could ask such a thing. She wanted to take it back after she said it, but could not bring herself to do so. Curiosity over came her normal sense of what to do and what not to do. Also she was expecting the hollow to say no in that instant. but she was serious. She wanted to see the other worlds.

"Im sorry. That was a bad question." Miku said this in an ashamed manner, finally realizing what she had said. "I should not have asked."
leah
leah

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Crystal was taken aback at the laughter, she hadn't expected such a question to be such a cause of mirth. It wasn't offensive though, more... pleasant to say the least. The responses though, had what was probably an unexpected affect on Crystal. Her eyes widening in shock and she leaned away ever so slightly, hearing the one thing she didn't wish to hear. That most humans did kill in order to survive, she had feared as much when finding out about the vegetarian humans who refused to do so, and had only hoped that they were in the majority. More importantly though, there was a lovely nugget of information tucked away within the answer.

“Its things like starches, and proteins that we need to keep our bodies moving.”

This in itself caused a thoughtful pause from Crystal, it may well be that the death of another wasn't the important part of this. It was something worth looking into, but Crystal wasn't really sure how to go about it. Maybe this human could help. Her thoughts were interrupted by the producing of the sushi. It smelt kind of odd, and judging by Miku's rather humorous reaction, it must not have tasted very nice.

"So.. How do the proteins and such help..." It was little more than a mutter, she wasn't entirely sure how her own body worked, let alone a humans. So perhaps it was something she could use too? It was a bit of a long shot, but if Human food could sustain her she might be able to make that final step and not have to sustain herself via other people. She doubted it highly, but it was worth making the attempt, so she gently picked up one of the sushi things and delicately popped it into her mouth. Chewing softly before swallowing, not really liking the taste and her face sneering a little at it. It was admittedly not as bad as she had expected but it was still pretty foul to her tongue. She had considered just continuing, ignoring the request to travel into her own world. But felt the girl at the very least, deserved an answer, but she wasn't sure how to put it. Especially without peeking the girls interest in the world further. With a faint sigh she finally replied.

"It's... Dangerous where I'm from, even for me... It's why I hide here in the Human world, and I cannot get to soul society... The Shinigami would kill me on sight."

She gave a somewhat apologetic look and added softly.

"Feel free to ask something else though..."
Jessica
Jessica

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by leah Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:36 am

Miku did not want to know anything else. The modd had changed. The energy was killed by her question. She felt awkward. Looking up at the girl, the hollow, the friend, and then back at the ground, shifting her feet. She wanted to go. It was hard for her to believe anything that this girl said, and hard to take her seriously with the bones, and the seemingly silly questions. Even so, she had seen the girl become invisible. And thus she knew that she had powers unlike other humans, and her skin was too pale for a humans, and the bones were obviously not human. She was so different though than the other hollows that did nothing but screamed and ransacked.

"Im Sorry ma'am. I want to go so I can make it all real in my head. Its a lot different than what I normally learn about the world. Its just that, I dont belong here. Im different like you. I have... abilities... that no one know has ever been able to conjure. I have tried to talk to my best friend, but she does not understand. I tried to tell her about the monsters, but she would never believe me. And finally I have found you! And you listen and understand. but I know that your going to have to leave one day, or sooner. And I will miss you. I want you to stay Crystal!"

Miku was almost in tears by the end of her talking. She was shaking, as if she had been feeling this way for a long time. Full of human emotion, maybe foreign to this hollow. She wanted to be able to turn invisible. She wanted to be able to travel through worlds. She wanted a friend like this girl. Another person who was like her.

"Please dont leave me alone!" Miku was almost screaming, and crying. "I dont want to be alone again! Your a friend. And I can talk to you! Please teach me what you do! I want to learn! PLEASE!"

There was a silence as her protest made it through the doors into the empty halls. She felt bad. A tear ran down her cheek. She was so pathetic. Why was she crying? She ahd other friends. But none like this. None that were her own little secret. None that could move to different worlds, or turn invisible. She was so fascinating. Miku wanted to be like that...
leah
leah

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down