Bleach Reborn: A Bleach RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Short Story (No title yet) [WiP] Miniav12-1 Short Story (No title yet) [WiP] Miniav12-1 Short Story (No title yet) [WiP] Miniav12-1 Short Story (No title yet) [WiP] Miniav12-1

Short Story (No title yet) [WiP]

Go down

Short Story (No title yet) [WiP] Empty Short Story (No title yet) [WiP]

Post by Guest Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:19 pm

Prologue
(Told in the mothers point of view)
“What are we going to do here exactly?” I asked the doctor a little hesitantly. The doctor sighed in response to my question.
“I’ve answered that question already, Mrs. Medna, I mean so disrespect, but since you cant seem to follow me, I’ll just say it all again with a definition void of all difficult terminology.” I nodded slowly, understanding him well enough. We had been here a long time, and he was clearly irritated with me, or maybe just irritated at everything, it had seemed like a long day for him. “This world is going to change soon, and it will be very different from what you know. I myself don’t know how exactly its going to change, but I do know it wont be for the better. It has been estimated that the change will occur in three years at least. I suggest you start preparing for this. Right now, we are currently attempting to assume what will happen, and find a way to reverse it. We will contact you if we learn anything.” He explained.
“What about Amber though? You were saying something about her earlier.” I asked him, trying not to sound too worried. Right now, she was only five years old. I looked over to her, sleeping quietly on my husband’s chest. I smiled faintly at the site of her. She was so innocent, and had no idea about anything that was going to happen. According to the doctor, she would be eight when all of this happened. I wondered what she would look like then. Right now, she was a little small for her age. You couldn’t see it because her eyes were closed, but her eyes were a sharp piercing blue that made her look sharper than just a normal five year old. She had short blonde hair that danced around her head in small curls. The doctor didn’t respond to my question when he saw me turn away to look at her, but was ready with an explanation when I looked back.
“It has been advised from a higher authority, so to speak, to equip all children under the age of ten with a digital journal. This is a small chip that will be put in her brain and record all of her thoughts once this whole tragedy begins. Do not worry, this will only be used to record her thoughts to tell the story after this has been revised. It has no other purpose besides this, and it will not be activated until the tragedy befalls us. In an effort to make her thoughts understandable, we suggest that you start tutoring her to use some better vocabulary, and sentence structure. Also, you might want to convince her to create and imaginary friend to explain it all too as she goes along. Do you understand?” He explained once more.
“Yes” I said in response to his question. All of this was horribly frightening, but I did understand what was going on. While I really didn’t want this to be happening, didn’t want Amber to be involved like this, I understood the importance, and understood how this would help, even though he hadn’t exactly explained how.
“Do we have your permission to start the surgery on Amber, Mrs. Medna?” The doctor asked, seeming a little happier now that he was going to get to do something besides stand there and explain what he had already.
“Yes, you may proceed” I answered, and held back tears while he and a few other staff walked towards Amber.

Main Story
(Told in Amber’s point of view)
“I love the light everywhere. Its so pretty” I said happily, looking up at the bright sky through the window of the car. “I do wonder why its always like that though...its always so sunny!” When I added that last part, I saw mommy and daddy look at eachother funny. Even a little worried maybe. It always seems to me like they dont like all the light or something. Maybe their vampires. I giggled at my own thoughts of mommy and daddy being vampires, and they looked back towards the road. Looking down from the sky, I looked out the window. We were passing through a bit of a country like area. Theres lots of grass on either side of the road that just goes on forever. Were on a concrete road, but it still seems to just go on without an end.

“Buildings!” I shouted in glee a few hours later. After all the endless grass and nothingness, we finally got to a city like place. Theres a bunch of tall buildings, or at least they look tall to me.
“Were here” Daddy said getting out of the car, with mommy following. I opened up my door, climbed out and ran out towards them.
“What are we doing here daddy?” I asked
“Oh, the usual Amber. Theres a very special....client here that I need to talk to about some things. Its nothing that you need to worry about.” He replied to my question. I never get it when he talks about his clients. He doesnt work anywhere, and doesnt have a job as far as I know. Were ALWAYS moving, our house is the car. It always makes me wonder what he really means. Is he trying to hide something from me and mommy, or something?

We got in the tallest building that was in the town, and rode the elevator all the way to the top of it. It was only three floors, but it looked so cool when I looked out of the window towards the ground. Everyone and everything was so far below me, I giggled again. Then I had to follow mommy and daddy down a long hallway, and we stopped at a door at the end of the hallway. Daddy knocked, and someone opened the door and looked at him. He was wearing a business suit of some kind, solid black.
“Can I help you?” The man asked
“Yes, were here for some” He looked back at me through the corner of his eye, probably thinking I didnt notice, weird “Materials” Daddy finished. I tilted my head in confusion, Materials? The man sighed and reached over to something on the other side of the door, and brought it in front of him. It was a clipboard.
“Name?” He asked, sounding bored and a little annoyed.
“Mr. And Mrs. Medna” Daddy replied to him. The man looked down the list, slowly reading over each name. Either he was bad at reading, or he was just being mean because all the time it was taking was making mommy and daddy seem a little scared, and worried. He found what daddy had asked for eventually
“Ah, here we are. Right this way Mr. Medna.” He looked over to me, and pointed at me, I pretended to have my attention attracted by something else. “Do you want your daughter to follow you?” He asked, sounding a little more interested. I had a funny feeling that he wanted daddy to say no so he could do something to me...what a jerk. Daddy seemed to think it over, and in the middle of his thoughts, mommy said something.
“I’ll stay out here with Amber, you go get the stuff” She said, sounding a little tired, but still lovingly. She walked over to me, and we both sat down on a bench not far from the door. Daddy smiled weakly, and walked inside the room. The strange man stayed behind and looked a little disappointed for a moment before following after daddy.

Daddy came out of the room a little later when me and mommy were playing a game of I spy, which really wasn’t so challenging since the hallway was pretty undecorated. He was carrying a really heavy and big box with the top sealed. The man that answered the door followed him out, not even attempting to help daddy when he was clearly struggling. He even had a small grin on his face as he watched daddy having trouble. Mommy ran over and helped daddy when she noticed that he was struggling. I watched from the bench as the man asked for mommy to sign something. She looked at the paper a little unhappily.
I walked over and looked at it. I noticed it was just like a survey or something like that. I snatched it out of his hands as well as the pen he had. I started filling out myself with a smart look on my face. The man tried to snatch it back from me but I kicked him in the shin. When I was done, I showed it to mommy, and she nodded in approval; I had filled in everything right. I handed the paper to the man who was trying not to rub his shin with a smug face, and he took it a little meanly. We walked away after that, back towards the elevator and the car.

Then we were driving again, out of the town and into a real city. I looked out of the window and awed at all the really BIG buildings everywhere. It had been so long since I had been in a city like this. I saw a few other cars, but they were all on the interstate road, and going in the same direction as us. That’s another thing I find a little odd. We’re always on the interstate when we pass through cities, and the other few cars in the city are as well, and going in the same direction as us, every single time. I wonder if theres even anyone in all the buildings we see. That also makes me wonder about the people that were in the town we were just in, like that really mean guy. They don’t seem to ever go anywhere.
“Hey daddy, what’s in the box?” I asked from the backseat, looking away from the window. I always ask this question whenever we do this. It hadn’t been the first time that he had gotten a big box like that, but it WAS the first time I ever went into the building with him and mommy.
“Oh, just supplies, mainly food and what not” He answered. He says that every time I ask. I sighed, defeated in my attempt to get a different answer, and looked out the window again. You would expect to see more people out and around here, especially with all the moving we do. I know I would expect to see way more people than just maybe 5 other cars on the highway occasionally. I asked mommy about it once, and she said there were two kinds of people. There are the travellers, like us, and then the people that stay in one place ALL the time. According to her, the people that stay in one place all the time always stay hidden, and never show their faces or....something like that. Then I asked why were travellers, and she said because its more fun to travel. Then she grumbled something, and it sounded like she said ‘And safer’. I wonder what THATS supposed to mean.

For the next few hours, we just drove on and on, like usual. We stopped a few times to see some sights, and even took a few pictures. As daddy promised, there was food in the box as he would occasionally bring some out of it, which would be our meal. I stayed awake for long periods of time, and sometimes slept for awhile too, but all the time there was always sunlight. It still continued to confuse me why there was always sunlight, and never anything else. I guessed that it was because there was nothing BUT the sunlight. Thats a good thought, because the sunlight is always so pretty, especially when it reflects off water, but it does make sleeping hard.
After another long period of endless driving, passing through all kinds of environments, we finally stopped in a rather small kind of village. There wasn’t any people there, as usual, or at least none that could be seen. Even though the place was supposedly deserted, it all looked....perfect. All of the houses looked new and happy, the grass was all cut and short, it looked as if there was life and happiness everywhere. The only thing missing was the people. Its always like that everywhere we go. Whenever we find some place, and maybe stop to see it, or look around. It looks perfect. Its really weird, but I havnt questioned it really.
“Alright gang, were gonna stop here and rest for a bit.” Daddy said, looking behind the seat to look at me. “We wont be doing anything for awhile Amber, so maybe you should just go to sleep.” He added, still looking towards me.
“Okay” I said passively, feigning a sleepy yawn. I laid down across the back seat, and snuggled down into a comfortable sleeping position. Before I slipped off into another sleep, I looked up at mommy and daddy. They were both sitting there as if they were going to fall asleep. I wondered what that was about, I never saw more than one of them asleep at a time. They always took turns driving while the other was asleep. I used to wonder why we never ran out of gas, but daddy told me that part of the materials we got from those boxes was a large amount of gas for the car, enough to last for a very long time. Before I passed the last barrier of sleep, I wondered, and even hoped that mommy and daddy would both fall asleep here.

I dreamed of becoming one of the people that stayed in one place when I grew up as I slept. Except, I would always be out in the sunshine, dancing around, talking to the animals, and helping any of the travelling people that came by. I would never go inside unless I was going to sleep, and I would cherish the sunlight all the time for its warmth.
I woke up a little into the dream, it getting cut off by a scream as everything seemed to suddenly get dimmer or something. I opened my eyes slowly, and everything was black. I couldn’t see anything, and I swung my arms around trying to catch something, I thought I was blind. Then, just as I was about to cry because I didn’t want to be blind, I suddenly started seeing things. I saw the area in which we fell asleep with, but there was black everywhere. The sunlight was gone. I heard some weird sounds from nearby, but didn’t really pay much attention to them. I crawled into the front seat, and sat on mommy’s lap. She was still asleep. I nudged her, trying to get her to wake up.
“Uhg, what is...?” She said sleepily. After she seemed to be awake, I spoke to her.
“Mommy, why is there black everywhere?” I asked, finding my voice to be shaky, and scared.
“WHAT?!!!” She said jerking straight up. She sounded extremely scared, and looked out the window at all the darkness. “Oh my god, no, no, no, NO!” She babbled. She set me aside and started shaking daddy.
“Whaddya want?” He answered, sounding sleepy as well, he was just waking up.
“Honey, wake up, we both fell asleep.”
“So?” Daddy still opened his eyes, and I had a bad feeling that once he did, it wouldn’t be good.
“We slept for too long...its night time now” She whispered that in a terrified tone, and I wondered what the heck night time was. At the sound of her words, his eyes shot wide open.

Back to top Go down

Short Story (No title yet) [WiP] Empty Re: Short Story (No title yet) [WiP]

Post by Elroy Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:09 pm

I like it.
You should keep posting.
Keep up the good work!
Elroy
Elroy

Male
+1 Total : 0
Registration date : 2009-07-09

Back to top Go down